AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

Well just as stir the pot, mandatory animal I D.
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> Stock TalkMessage format

Supa Dexta
Posted 1/20/2024 05:10 (#10583454 - in reply to #10582015)
Subject: RE: Well just as stir the pot, mandatory animal I D.

NS Canada
As someone who has to deal with this BS already, here are some of the downfalls -

Tagging newborn calves, you will lose a half dozen /hundred even on a good year by weaning time. And they also rip the ear, not just fall out.
Our tags are 4 bux a piece now and check off is 6, it will continually get more expensive, as we were sold the line it would always remain a dollar (but these guys do such a good job at their circle jerks travelling around to tell each other how good their beef is, they need more money)
Every animal must be tagged before moving locations and reported to the govt.. even if its just going to the fair or something for the weekend - is what they're working on
Big fines if caught without tagged animals being moved, trucker also has to sign off on what they are moving
Once the govt knows how many cows you have, forget trying to hide private beef sales for cash and heifer and bull sales to neighbours, not gone thru a ring - Im sure this is one of the biggest draws the govt sees

I'm sure there's more. But basically its a crock of chit, all in the gov't agency's favour and ever costing more to the farmer.

Edited by Supa Dexta 1/20/2024 05:10
Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)