AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

Well just as stir the pot, mandatory animal I D.
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> Stock TalkMessage format

ntexcotton
Posted 1/19/2024 22:22 (#10583334 - in reply to #10583100)
Subject: RE: Well just as stir the pot, mandatory animal I D.

North Central Texas
BLKCOW - 1/19/2024 19:42

You are 100% right Russ. It is one thing to use these tags as a way to add value to your cattle, another to have it crammed down your throat. Know a guy that was a past CO State Vet. His view and experience was that EID's were a joke when it came to disease tracking. So this really is about government getting their foot in the door to track your cattle. A few years ago I heard a presentation by an American that got the bright idea to start feeding cattle in Australia. Long story short, their government bankrupted him and years later their EID data base showed he still owned a bunch of cattle.

Heard a CO wolf story the other day and have no idea if it is true but supposed to come from a brand inspector. The story is that state patrol pulled over some trucks with yearlings headed out of CO last fall. Supposed to be a wolf tracking collar sending a signal on one of those trucks. Even spending millions to track a few wolves is a joke. But it never was about "bringing back wolves to Colorado." It is about using tax payer money to put cattle producers out of business.

Direct quote from bullards post on the year.... "A clear victory was achieved when the U.S. Department of Agriculture announced that the Agricultural Marketing Service must purchase meat for the national school lunch and nutrition assistance programs from animals that are born, raised, and slaughtered in the United States. Another victory involves the USDA’s issuance of a proposed rule allowing the voluntary “Product of USA” or “Made in the USA” label claim only when the products are derived from animals born, raised, slaughtered and processed in the United States."

Bet Russ and I get to sell cattle under the changes and your own members won't. Y'all pushed it and forced it. Several of us sat back and laughed. Your bunch, OCM, NFU, and the family farm crap led by former HSUS leader joe maxwell eliminated 80% of US cattle from being sold as US beef. Its not offi ial yet but its about to be.

Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)