AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

Well just as stir the pot, mandatory animal I D.
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> Stock TalkMessage format

BLKCOW
Posted 1/19/2024 19:42 (#10583100 - in reply to #10582318)
Subject: RE: Well just as stir the pot, mandatory animal I D.

You are 100% right Russ. It is one thing to use these tags as a way to add value to your cattle, another to have it crammed down your throat. Know a guy that was a past CO State Vet. His view and experience was that EID's were a joke when it came to disease tracking. So this really is about government getting their foot in the door to track your cattle. A few years ago I heard a presentation by an American that got the bright idea to start feeding cattle in Australia. Long story short, their government bankrupted him and years later their EID data base showed he still owned a bunch of cattle.

Heard a CO wolf story the other day and have no idea if it is true but supposed to come from a brand inspector. The story is that state patrol pulled over some trucks with yearlings headed out of CO last fall. Supposed to be a wolf tracking collar sending a signal on one of those trucks. Even spending millions to track a few wolves is a joke. But it never was about "bringing back wolves to Colorado." It is about using tax payer money to put cattle producers out of business.
Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)