AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

Beef Checkoff
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> Stock TalkMessage format

Jeff Outwest
Posted 12/29/2007 11:29 (#270391 - in reply to #268876)
Subject: RE: Beef Checkoff

Janesville Ca, 96114
Rich, I like your passion about this issue. But, Russ and everybody else is right here. The urban public which is 97% of the population. Have not a clue what happens out here in rural America or do they care. That is why it is important to keep our names out there and eating our products.

The world is ran by those who show up. This applys to Cattleman's Asscications as well as Beef Checkoff Boards. IF you really have a problem with these groups you need to attend their meetings and make a difference. The good ole' boys club's that exist in these groups is disgusting. It makes me sick that our state Cattleman's Association is ran by a bunch of part-timers and hobby cow people. Maybe that is the trend is ag these days. Do it on the side, after work. I think these organizations lose their creditability in the state capitals when you have that type of representation.

I do know this if where agriculture failed miserably was back in the 60's when we had power in Washington and every other state capital. We didn't get basic agriculture as part of the cirriculum in all the primary schools. We generations deep of people with no ties to the land and no inlkling of how or where thier food comes from. So we must spend our money to get the word out on what to eat
Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)