AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

Beef Checkoff
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> Stock TalkMessage format

dlerwick
Posted 12/28/2007 16:11 (#269874 - in reply to #269751)
Subject: Re: Beef Checkoff

Western Nebraska
So now you can just with the flick of a finger declare that none of the advertising has done any good? And I am the one in left field? You want it to be voluntary, so those that are realists and understand the need to advertise our product can foot the bill while the rest of you guys can come along for the ride? Okay, fine when we develop a two tier marketing program where you don't get as much for your calves because you don't want to advertise our product to the consumer then I will go along with it. You want a free ride when it comes to advertising. Not gonna happen. We are in a highly competitive market, poultry and pork are trying to take our market share and you think we ought to just stand by silently while that happens? Uh huh and I am the one in left field.

You need to get your car keys out of your pocket and stick them in your ear and dig around to loosen up the ear wax, and then go back and read what I wrote about the celebrity spokesman. I said from the beginning that once they got rid of that stupid idea and stuck with the beef slogan and the voice of the beef industry they begin to make a difference. Whether you want to believe it or not, the advertising has worked. You can continue to stick your head in the sand and pretend that we live in a world where we don't need advertising, or that you shouldn't have to pay your fair share, but if we do get rid of the checkoff you will see our market share shrink. Make it voluntary? That is so ridiculous. Start looking at the facts instead of letting your emotions get in the way. When I get the chance, I will try to find the numbers that show what I am talking about.
Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)