AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

Beef Checkoff
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> Stock TalkMessage format

dlerwick
Posted 12/28/2007 00:15 (#269500 - in reply to #268876)
Subject: Re: Beef Checkoff

Western Nebraska
Sorry Rich, I have got to disagree with you on this one. If you take a look at the demand for beef and compare it to when the checkoff finally got some effective advertising going, they track very closely. I think that the checkoff has done a tremendous job, after a few false starts, in raising consumer awareness and demand for beef. Without it I think the industry as a whole would be in a world of hurt. I don't know if you have noticed, but the checkoff has also done a lot of work with restaurants to develop new beef dishes. I haven't seen it lately, but for a while Taco Bell was running ads for one of their new steak dishes and it had the little checkoff down in the bottom corner.

Once the directors figured out that having celebrity spokesmen was a dumb idea and settled on the great voice of Sam Elliot I think it has served us very well. It is time to consider raising the checkoff. Isn't it kind of foolish to think that we ought to produce a commodity, and not advertise it? Every other industry spends a whole lot more money on advertising than we as cattle producers do. Seriously though, is it going to break you to shell out a little bit more to help advertise your product?
Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)