AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

Beef Checkoff
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> Stock TalkMessage format

dlerwick
Posted 12/28/2007 21:48 (#270087 - in reply to #269986)
Subject: Re: Beef Checkoff

Western Nebraska
Okay, you convinced me not to waste my time searching out the facts for you. What good would it do? Frankly, you are ranting and you have offered up nothing to back your emotional tirade.

I am not talking immediate response to ads, I am talking long term growth in demand building. That is what the checkoff has been good at. You don't want to accept the facts and continue to make your unsubstantiated charges, go ahead but you are starting to look a little ridiculous. Do you know what the muscle profiling program was at UNL? Just curious if you know anything about that because I was there working in the meat lab when that project was going on. It resulted in the flat iron steak. Ever heard of that? The muscle profiling program was partially funded by the checkoff. That one program alone has done a tremendous amount of good for the industry. You don't care though, because of a prior disagreement with the way the checkoff funds were spent.

How much do you think you ought to spend on advertising per year? Just curious how much two or four hundred dollars as a percentage of your overall budget would be. Most industries players have to put a lot more dollars into advertising than we do as cattle producers.
Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)