AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

Beef Checkoff
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> Stock TalkMessage format

dlerwick
Posted 12/28/2007 11:45 (#269726 - in reply to #269515)
Subject: Re: Beef Checkoff

Western Nebraska
Oh calm down Rich. You are kidding yourself if you think that the checkoff has done nothing for consumer demand. I have seen the data. Demand was headed in the other direction until the advertising campaigns kicked into high gear. Now demand is growing. Just a case of better economy huh? I don't think so. Why do you want to be the only one supporting the advertising of our product. In your scenario the cow/calf man would bear the entire weight of the advertising industry. From the packer all the way to the stocker operator, no one else would pay under your idea. That doesn't seem fair to me. At least under the current system the weight of advertising is distributed across the entire industry instead of just one sector.

In my opinion you are way off track on this one. Is the difference between breakeven and profit for you a couple bucks? You really aren't going to notice it, and the fact is that the checkoff has done a lot of good. There is data to prove it. I never have understood the anti-checkoff people. They would cut off their own nose to spite their face, if it meant that they didn't have to bear any part in the advertising of their product.
Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)