AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

Beef Checkoff
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> Stock TalkMessage format

Rich
Posted 12/28/2007 12:33 (#269751 - in reply to #269726)
Subject: Re: Beef Checkoff

Kansas
No Dean, I will not calm down. You can't understand guys like me? I can't understand guys like you. You say "only a couple bucks". Stop and do the math. Even if you only sell 200 head a year. As things stand now, 200 a pop a year times 10 years is 2 thousand dollars. I don't know about you but I can think of other things to do with a couple grand other than give it to some organization that make believes they are the ultimate reason that beef prices are where they are.

Demand headed in another direction till they stepped in? And what data did you read to show they were ultimately responsible for the turn around? I think we had a talk not so long ago about "data" over in forum that showed you can just about prove anything you want with the right manipulation of numbers. It means nothing.

How much good did cybil shephard do for us when the beef checkoff hired that idiot to promote out products? Did those fat cats that sit on there refill the loss after she took the money and ran? As much as that board takes in how much did they ultimately end up paying the so called hero Elliot to yick yack on radio ads? Oh, I love to think about the one when he mentioned how the underachiever in school was going to end up flipping burgers at mc'donalds.......smelling the beef cooking........"like it was so bad"..........You bet Dean. Telling high school kids that being a failure and flipping burgers was a GREAT BIG BOOST to beef industry. I remember griping about that ad on Forum here at NAT. The response from most then was I was to uptight then, they found it humorous. Humerous? Really? So we are getting people to buy beef using the marlboro man as a comic? Oh Puleeezzeeee........do not insult my intelligence with that load of manure.

As for how do we make it even across the board instead of just sticking it to the cow calf man, that is very easy to answer and very obvious. Make it merely voluntary. You think it is so great, then go right ahead and put your money whereever you please if you think it is so grand. AS for me, it is a pit, it is a joke, it is crooked and I can think of other places to put that extra dollar.....soon to be 2 way it looks, return other than there.

In my humble opinion, I think you and others that share your thoughts about the checkoff are in left field. But that's fine. I'll tell you what. When one of these days the economy goes to the toilet and cattle producers are suffering to make ends meet let alone show a profit, will your wonderful checkoff board be so kind as to put 2 dollars a head back into my pocket to help with expenses so we can keep producing beef?

It will not stay there. As soon as this economy goes bust and people are limited on income the beef price will come back down. I want to see your take on those crooks when that happens and see what kind of a defense you can put up for them then.

Beef checkoff has done dang little good for what it has taken in. It is a dirty racket and you are buying into it.
Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)