AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

Leica mojoRTK - Reality Check
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> Precision TalkMessage format

djohnhill
Posted 11/27/2007 15:25 (#246951 - in reply to #243171)
Subject: Re: Leica mojoRTK - Reality Check

Australia

Colin,

Given you keep your identity secret I will have a guess at it.  A Colin I know used to work for BEELINE and then went to work for Trimble in Australia as a service manager.  The language in your posts suggests you are Australian and that you work for a competitor; so I am guessing you are Colin Smith from Trimble Australia.  If not, my apologies to the real Colin Smith, but you haven't given me much choice but to guess!

I am just responding to incorrect competitive propaganda which you seem to want to do yourself.  My competitors already know that Novatel has been a supplier of GNSS electronics to Leica for a number of years now.  Leica is their biggest customer so it makes perfect sense to buy them.

My competitors already know we don't use Novatel RTK positioning technology, we use our own which we acquired when we bought Magnavox in the 90's.  Any comparison to Novatel RTK positioning technology for better or worse is not relevant to the mojoRTK because we don't use it.  There may be some L1 technologies we use in the future but only time will tell... and this is what my comment was pointing at.

Before I post anything I research it because my name is on the post. Comparing products is not the same as discrediting them.  I have enormous respect for Trimble products, I just take exception to being accused of copying them. 

Anonymous posts don't require facts. In fact all Leica staff will use their own names on posts.  If any of my data regarding competitive products (or Leica's) is incorrect please let me know and I will publicly retract it.

Cheers

John

Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)