AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

Leica mojoRTK - Reality Check
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> Precision TalkMessage format

handsfreefarming
Posted 11/12/2007 11:50 (#236427 - in reply to #234781)
Subject: Re: Leica mojoRTK - Reality Check

Francesville, IN
As a Trimble dealer I hate seeing another competitor in the market place, but oh well competition is always good, because of the ongoing need to develope and grow products. I did however have a few questions regarding "mojoRTK".

1. These are not just "steering systems" anymore, The Trimble FMD, can:
- steer virtually any tractor and virtually any pattern type (we've been doing straight lines guidance since 1993!!)
- monitor dickey johns planter systems (john deere, case, agco, ...just to name a few)
- variable rate plant, spray, spread
- auto boom shutoff for spraying, and auto sections shutoff for planting
- steer the tractor as well as the implement!
- land leveling and drain tile installation with rtk
I need to stop rambling but the list goes on and on.
the questions is how is the consol with the "Ultra-bright internal LCD screen" going to be able to do anything other than steer?

2. In the RTK specks you are specking your brand new receiver to a Trimble product that is over 9 years old, why not compare it to the new AgGPS 442 GNSS Receiver??? capable of GPS, L5, & GLONASS.

3. I will hand it to you the virtual wrench does look pretty cool but how does that match the largest network for dealers worldwide, b/c virtual wrench can't fix a cable to connectors that breaks.

4. What about terrain compensations, Trimble has the T3 Terrain compensation the compensates for the roll, pitch, and yaw, 50 times per second. ?

5. Accuracy options? got any or is it just RTK?
- Trimble can use WAAS, OmniStar VBS, XP, HP, and of coarse RTK

I do know some history of leica having worked in the Construction and Suryeying Markets, they do have high quality products, but they are just jumping on the "do what trimble is doing" bandwagon with topcon. first it was construction now ag.

Trimble with Spectra Precision Laserplane
then topcon followed suite buying out AgTek
and then Leica bought Laser Alignment
Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)