AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

So how many highly educated farmers are here
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> AgTalk CafeMessage format

Gifford
Posted 12/28/2010 15:48 (#1511458 - in reply to #1511253)
Subject: Re: So how many highly educated farmers are here

East Kansas, DeSoto
<p>My reply when they ask me where I got my degree. "barn lot". Did not have opportunity but my father wanted in the worst way to send me to engineering school to be an engineer. My sign off slogan or motto is where I deliberately was determined to learn. I watched and studied every success or failure. We ventured and were the first to try new farming ways in our area. First combine in area, first diesel combine, first Deere diesel 70 Deere sold west of Mississippi. Dealers seeked us out to try new equipment or ways. Soil conservation construction, road building, house moving we did it all. When I left the farm was farming about 1600 acres. Ventured into being an implement dealer at wrong time and ended up in food industry as corp engineer for 15 plant company. So that was my training. After retirement at 68 was hired back as a consultant for 10 more years. My father would have been happy to know but died young. All I say to young men keep your eyes open and learn from other and in industry I hired farm background men or even women. No boasting just telling what happened. Gifford</p>

Edited by Gifford 12/28/2010 15:51
Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)