AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

So how many highly educated farmers are here
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> AgTalk CafeMessage format

billonthefarm
Posted 12/28/2010 07:46 (#1510711 - in reply to #1510524)
Subject: RE: So how many highly educated farmers are here

Farmington IL
I have a 2 year degree in business. I didnt enjoy school so I didnt go on. I worked off the farm for about 5 years after college. Learned WAY more out in the real world than I ever could have in college. Education is daily process. If you dont learn every day you fall behind. With the world changing so fast, what we are taught today is history tomorrow. Unfortunatly I dont think formal education is changing fast enough to keep up.
On another note, one thing that truely bothers me is how "dumb" kids are when they get out of school. Kids today as a whole are very intellegent dont get me wrong. The access to information todays youth have is awesome. Yet, I bet it would be scary if you asked started asking high school kids some very simple questions. How many do you think can change a flat tire? How many have even a slight understanding of engines? Do you think they would have some understanding of electricity? How a light bulb works? Where the electricity comes from? How about some understanding of where food comes from? Even in our rural school I think it would be fairly depressing to see how little they would understand of the world around them. Still the future is bright.
Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)