AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

So how many highly educated farmers are here
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> AgTalk CafeMessage format

pogopossum
Posted 12/28/2010 07:50 (#1510717 - in reply to #1510524)
Subject: What percentage of boiler room complainers have college

The worth of college is subjective but undoubtedly College alleviates parochialism. Not much need for Shakespeare or Calculus down on the farm and as the old saying: "once they've seen Paree, how are you going to keep them down on the farm" says a lot about common rural parochialism.

Life can be a continuing education from cradle to grave for those so motivated. I learned quite a lot in the boiler room. Not so much from "cafe" local chit chat. That seems not to be important for some cafe gossipers looking to socialize rather than expand their knowledge. Boiler room was a good idea, just parochially administered.

Just my opinion and I wonder how many will figure out a way to get their shorts in a bunch over this post. Not many with college degrees and interests in International learning I expect. Maybe with more knowledge everyone would be able to see the reasons for term limits on Congress and restoring Constitutional states rights ? hehehe

Happy New Year to more opportunities to learn and stay informed and open minded about everything, especially the controversial stuff which can be the most important to learn more about.

Edited by pogopossum 12/28/2010 08:08
Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)