AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

So how many highly educated farmers are here
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> AgTalk CafeMessage format

ahay68979
Posted 12/28/2010 08:50 (#1510800 - in reply to #1510717)
Subject: RE: What percentage of boiler room complainers have college

Saronville NE
I never went to college and dont regret not going, school never was for me, I knew what I was doing, just didnt like it, could ace tests that I had never studied and flunked the homework all week just cause I didnt do it, was out farmin. I was in top 25% of my HS class according to SAT test but my grades were in bottom 1/3. I did try some nightschool classes for livestock management but didnt finish it.
I agree with Martins post, I think college is way overrated now education wise, because of the cost of it, know alot of people who went to college and cant hardly make ends meet with student loans and all to pay. Bout the only way it wil pay IMO is if going to be a Dr, RN, something like that, that make the big bucks right outa college, otherwise student loans will kill ya for 20-30 yrs and only a $15 an hr job, could get most of those kinda jobs without a college education.
Got a neighbor been helpin me lately, used to work for me in HS, real good kid, went to college for welding and is good at it, did it for a few yrs buildin ethanol plants, but got tired of it, then went and was a hunting guide in CO, was ok but not fulltime, now just doesnt know what he wants to do, hes 25, I think he wants to farm, but dad is lining that up for the youngest son who is 17, so IDK what hes going to do kinda sad, good worker, smart, very concientious, fast learner. Were tryin to hire him and keep him around but cant really afford it, just at that akward inbetween size here yet, need the help but cant quite afford the help yet.
Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)