AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

bringing you son into the farm operation?
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> AgTalk CafeMessage format

Tommy
Posted 12/27/2010 23:21 (#1510460 - in reply to #1510375)
Subject: Re: bringing you son into the farm operation?

Iowa
Your second reply tells me that you don't really want to take the advice already given, and of course that is fine--don't!!!

There isn't one chance in ten thousand a high-school (or less-home schooled) kid with no real education will make it in this business. The college-educated finance majors in your neighborhood will have an easy time CRUSHING him. So he is mature, he can do a decent job of spending your money on machinery deals, and set the combine. I have a hired man that can do those things. They are great but not anywhere close to enough.

If farming really is his life, he will realize that anything worth having is worth working for (getting a proper education). Otherwise he is just another guy who thinks he is smart enough to beat incredible odds and do take short cuts, which really proves he isn't as smart or dedicated as you think he is.

Do you want to bet the farm--literally--that he is the one kid who can beat incredible odds? Your closeness as his proud father (you should be proud) is clouding your judgement.

Well, you asked. Don't ask if you can't take the answers. But of course my opinion is worth exactly what it cost you.
Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)