AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

What to get a college degree in?
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> AgTalk CafeMessage format

Geargrinder
Posted 1/31/2010 22:40 (#1051826 - in reply to #1051183)
Subject: Re: What to get a college degree in?

MN
I disagree with your assessment of online degrees. I currently am taking courses through a state university and spend just as much time (or more) than I did when I was taking classes face-to-face. I spend many nights up reading and working problems, working with online chats, replying to discussion questions, writing multiple papers and keeping up with regular daily life with a full-time job and farm. I have to be more focused with online courses and smarter than the kids who sit in the classroom as I have to figure things out by myself rather than cheating from a classmate or having the teacher right at my elbow. The students I have encountered through online classes are hard working, and well rounded. These students have to have excellent time management skills as the majority are working full-time and trying to improve skills to climb at the business they work in. The majority are finishing degrees started earlier, but never quite finished. The money is just as much (actually more than on-campus classes) as there are additional fees for online courses. One credit costs $300+ (state university). My college textbooks are laying in front of me and cost just the same as the student who purchases for on-campus class.
Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)