AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

What to get a college degree in?
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> AgTalk CafeMessage format

iluvafarmer
Posted 1/31/2010 20:37 (#1051467 - in reply to #1051128)
Subject: Re: What to get a college degree in?

Eastern Nebraska
I have not read all the post here but I would suggest that he speak with the guidance counelsor at school. They have interest inventories that they can do with the student that will show the areas of strengths and weaknesses for them. The inventories will also take into account the interest that they have in life and hobbies and will show them all the careers that will fall in that category. Most inmportant I think it is great that your family is willing to help so that he is not lost in the cracks so to speak.... I would encourage him to do what he is happy doing in life and not to go after the job that will make him the most money. If he is interested in what you got a degree in and there are no jobs in your area is he willing to relocate when he graduates??? Go to this website http://www.bls.gov/OCO/ it is the Occupational Outlook Handbook and has all the jobs you could think of in the US listed. It tells you everything you need to knjw about the job from salary to education and outlook for advancement and longevitity of the job. Also shows best places for the job. It is a great resource I teach my kids in school about but many people do not know about it. The 2010 - 2011 edition is on line now. I hope this helps.
Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)