AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

Backflowing Tile
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> Crop TalkMessage format

warpspeed
Posted 4/7/2024 06:24 (#10697121 - in reply to #10690552)
Subject: RE: Backflowing Tile

SW Ohio
Lil late now, but always check floodplain maps before purchasing a property. There's 2 houses adjoining our fields that never should've been built where they are. The current tenants fuss and moan every spring. Helped one remove a bunch of tree roots for free.... now he's letting trees rampantly grow again.

I would first suspect a plug or breakdown before your red line hits the blue line, and the water surging to the top actually is from upstream of the hickenbottom.

Second, I'd suspect the trees. Tree roots can be as far out as the tree is tall. Maples and willows are the worst.

It might be "new pipe" but a chunk of dirt at backfill could have crushed the pipe..... or the pipe is not bedded properly (flat trench shape or no gravel) could've caused the pipe to badly egg-shaped.

I replaced another root plugged 8" in the same kind of location as a contractor.... old timer neighbor came over 2 days later after it rained a bunch and was all excited - it was the first time he hadn't had a flooded yard in 20 years.

Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)