AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

Backflowing Tile
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> Crop TalkMessage format

sonny468
Posted 4/2/2024 19:08 (#10691206 - in reply to #10690874)
Subject: RE: Backflowing Tile

NE IL

Flyindownabackroad - 4/2/2024 14:14 I know right where you are with that second picture you posted. I think the guy who lives right east of you has bought hay from us in the past. He seems ok. And that house next to the creek just sold recently. I live about 5 or 6 miles northeast of you. I used to rent the farm on the northwest corner of Rathje and County Line. I know that area has a lot of drainage problems. We put some dye in a tile inlet in the field I used to farm and found out that the tile stays on the north side of County Line and empties into the creek just north of the bridge on County Line. I have no idea about anything on the Kankakee County side but it's good you're close to the creek if you plan on doing any tile work. I saw you had some drainage work done in your yard recently. At least you have a short distance to investigate/repair. It's nice that you even know where the tile lines are. That's half the battle of fixing problems. According to the Kankakee GIS your yard is only 2 feet higher than the land along the creek where the new tile runs. After all the rain the past couple days, could the level of the creek just be higher than the tile in your yard and be causing it to backflow? It seems like that area wasn't the best place to build houses.

Bingo! . There is a reason the county made the east house put it on stilts, its floodplain. 

Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)