AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

Backflowing Tile
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> Crop TalkMessage format

cluelessone
Posted 4/3/2024 05:19 (#10691596 - in reply to #10691105)
Subject: RE: Backflowing Tile

boog - 4/2/2024 17:37

If you're sure the neighbors to either side aren't having the same issue the problem is most likely in your (red) tile. In the picture I see what appears to be a couple bushes / trees to either side of the red tile. I would suspect either or both may be part of your problem. You also mention the lower part of your yard is soggy. Are the trees in the soggy area? I would suspect the plug is between the start of the soggy area & where your red tile hooks into the blue tile. Where the water is surfacing is most likely the weakest point of your tile, not nectarine where the plug is at.

I would start at the edge of the soggy part, dig down to tile .You can use a tile probe or a pair of wires to "witch" the exact location of the tile, I prefer witching.. once tile is exposed open it either by carefully removing 1 tile if clay or concrete, or cutting a hole in top of the tile if plastic. If tile is full of water the p,ug is closer to the blue tile, if little water move farther away from the blue tile. Once you find tile where water isn't backed up plug is between the 2 holes you have dug.. Use a tile snake to run back towards the plugged area to find plug. Distance between the 2 holes you dig should,d be ,essentially than le gth og snake. Ie 100' s are did holes 90' apart. That way you can run snake each direction.

FWIW, I' had a recently installed, 4-5yrs, plug . Nearest a tree within 1/2 mile. When we found the plug it was moss.

You could put a check valve in your tile right before it connects to the blue tile but that is just a bandaid. You need to find the problem & fix it.

I don't believe either of the neighbors have an actual inlet like ours does. At least, I haven't seen one! We're new, so it's possible though.
Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)