AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

Backflowing Tile
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> Crop TalkMessage format

cluelessone
Posted 4/3/2024 10:12 (#10691948 - in reply to #10691890)
Subject: RE: Backflowing Tile

JDpastor - 4/3/2024 09:36

The online tool showed only 2 feet of fall to the edge of the creek. That should be enough but I would recommend getting a laser or gps out there to check to be sure. If your yard isn't much higher than the creek that could be the problem. I hesitate to diagnose a problem like this until I have the laser on site to confirm how much fall there is to the outlet. I would also want to find out how much fall there is from the uphill tile to the west. If that tile is much higher than the fall to the east, it can quickly overload the system and then your yard will end up being the path of least resistance.

Is it possible to put your inlet farther south so that if the water bubbles up it can then take a natural drainage surface route that will not cause any problems for anyone else?

I honestly think it would annoy the neighbors more if I did that, because it would flood their horse's pasture and potentially their barn. They have put various foot high berms up to contain the water where it pools now. That's a great idea though.

To give a better idea, I took some pictures. If you look close, you can see the surface disturbance, which is the water backflowing through the inlet.

(20240401_141939 (full).jpg)

(20240401_141916 (full).jpg)

Attachments
----------------
Attachments 20240401_141939 (full).jpg (117KB - 15 downloads)
Attachments 20240401_141916 (full).jpg (70KB - 20 downloads)
Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)