AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

Question for Canadians only.
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> AgTalk CafeMessage format

OntarioCanuck
Posted 11/24/2022 21:23 (#9948544 - in reply to #9948391)
Subject: RE: Question for Canadians only.

North of London
Not sure how you study the systems fairly to figure out which is 'better'.

As I noted before there are many individual stories of good and bad in both countries and we usually hear the bad more than the good.

Your post mentioning someone who considers US health care better than Canadian reminded me of a salesman who stopped here regularly.
He was holding in the southern US one winter when he had some medical emergency that I do not remember exact details but he ended up in hospital there and spent a couple weeks in hospital where they said they could not do ant more for him.
Insurance medic evacuated him home (probably to cut their costs since once back in Ontario they were off the hook)
Ontario hospital and doctors told him there was a solution and after another week in Ontario hospital he returned home and continued to service the ag industry as good as new

And of course there was the person I did business with 30-40 years ago that was helping his brother out financially because his brother lived in the US, married a woman there who had medical problems.
They had spent all their resources including selling their home and still had thousands of $$ in medical bills to pay.
He told me that since the other siblings of the US resident had free care here they were each chipping in to help the US living brother pay for his wife's care.

Just a couple examples from my experiences
Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)