AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

Question for Canadians only.
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> AgTalk CafeMessage format

Licensed to kill
Posted 11/24/2022 10:15 (#9947677 - in reply to #9947318)
Subject: RE: Question for Canadians only.

Northern Alberta
Healthcare is Provincial jurisdiction so it varies from province to province. In Alberta, it sucks unless you are dying but thus is why our new Premier is overhauling the system. For us, the font line staff are Wonderfull but the way the system is run is horrendous. I can give two personal examples. 3 years ago I blowout my knee. Went to my dad and he said that to determine exactly what happen would require an MRI and that would make 6-12 months to get in OR I could go and pay for a private MRI, I went and paid $900 for an MRI and found that I had a torn meniscus. In my doctors words "your knee is a mess". He said that he would put me on the "fast track" to get it fixed (a 20 minute orthoscopic procedure) but it would be 6-12 months for a consult, then 6-12 months for the surgery. 19 months later I get a call that I have an appointment..........for the consult, NOT THE SURGERY. I could have gone to a private clinic and had the surgery done within 2 weeks of MRI diagnosis for about $9000 IIRC. OTOH, on Oct 15th of this year I cut my wrist and severed the ulnar nerve, ulnar artery and 6 tendons. This was at 3:00pm. I arrive at the local hospital at 3:20, the doctor on call came in and stitched up the slash to stop/slow the bleeding and Was flown to the city for emergency surgery. They wheeled me in the OR @ about 10:30 PM. I do not know what the answer is but do know that nobody consistently miss-manages things quite like governments and having government manage healthcare is sure to be a colossal waste of resources.
Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)