AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

Question for Canadians only.
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> AgTalk CafeMessage format

Thud
Posted 11/24/2022 11:01 (#9947777 - in reply to #9947677)
Subject: RE: Question for Canadians only.

Near-north Ontario, French River
You make an excellent point about services varying province to province because each province runs their own system. Here in Ontario, I've never had to wait more than 2 weeks for an MRI or Xray.. and those there scans for minor things... ie.. I was having knee pain but still getting along decent enough that it wasnt affecting my daily life, I just wanted it checked out. On the other hand I've gone to ER in the middle of the night, with severe adominal pain ( kidney stones) and had MRI/xray/catscan within an hour of walking in the door. Ive also sat in ER for 6 hrs with same pain but suspecting it was kidney stones I wasnt considered a priority.. Yes it sucks to sit and wait,.... but I understand that others may need quicker treatment. My most recent experience,, or waking up in the middle of the night, in a cold sweat with the room spinning, vision blurry etc.... I called the amubulance, it arrived within 2 minutes ( I think I got lucky they must have just been in the area lol). The loaded me up and took me to ER, I was checked out and on my way home in less than 2 hrs. Turned out to be vertigo but it being the first time Ive experienced it it really scared to poop out of me... I was thinking heart attack . I think everyone is going to have a different opinion based on where they are and what the quality of the local service is. To pain the national system with a broad brush based on a single experience ( as some like to do) isnt exactly fair either.
Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)