AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

Question for Canadians only.
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> AgTalk CafeMessage format

WTW
Posted 11/24/2022 09:10 (#9947562 - in reply to #9947318)
Subject: RE: Question for Canadians only.

Winkler, Manitoba Canada
Tomcat - 11/24/2022 05:52

Please no replies from Americans

How does your health insurance work?

How happy are you with it?

How heavily are you taxed to make it work? 

I’ll admit we need to do something different for health care funding but OUR federal government can screw anything up.  I’m trying to keep this factual not political but seems like once get southeast of the Lansing city limits (state capital of Michigan) if it involves government it’s screwed up Detroit included.  

Medicare as we know it started in 1966. Opinions will vary dramatically on how well it works. Like most insurance, the less you need to use it the happier you will be.

The Canadian health care system does not have large extra capacity built into it. It is a minimalist system trying to do the most good with the fewest dollars. When a large event occurs, like the last several years of pandemic issues, the system is overwhelmed and has a difficult if not impossible time of recovering. Wait times for service are often long and the budget is stretched by rationing service.

Locally, I would say the healthcare system worked fairly well until the past few years. We have a newer regional hospital that serves a fairly large area. The healthcare boards in the area have been fairly proactive about recruiting staff. However, at the present time and going forward the single largest factor will continue to be staffing. The baby boom bulge combined with mandates have resulted in staffing shortages in the medical field....along with every other field. It is not uncommon to see on the news that a medical centre is closed or has reduced service hours due to staffing problems.

Medical care has evolved into a very expensive affair over the years. I doubt that our system can continue to function without major changes. However getting a consensus on what is required to be done other than throwing more money at it will be difficult if not impossible.

Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)