AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

Sickle bar or rotary
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> Machinery TalkMessage format

ahay68979
Posted 6/12/2009 14:45 (#742726 - in reply to #742523)
Subject: Re: Sickle bar or rotary

Saronville NE
Silagehauler is exactly right. I can make my HW340 cut as close and smooth as my uncles new HW325 sickle machine, and run a heck of alot faster. It is all about setting it, guys that complain about the smoothness of cut, need to take the time and set it. We are constantly changing head speed, which is easy on a SP, you just hit a rocker switch in the cab and that changes the speed, we also change the tip of the head on diferent fields and conditions, again from htting a buttin in the cab, and also we have hyd header float and change that some to, according to ground conditions. They will do a very nice job, just keep sharp knives on them and set them, and drive and you will cut twice as much a day as a sickle machine. We change knives every 120-160 acres on alfalfa and every 80 acres on feed type material. A cordless impact can have all the knives changed in 30-35 min. I dont buy that they wont work in custom condtions beause of differnet field smoothness and such, I do custom work and run into every condition there is and we have very good luck with it, would never consider going back to a sickle machine.
Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)