AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

Closed Cell Spray Foam Insulation
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> Machinery TalkMessage format

kggonzo
Posted 2/26/2009 21:13 (#624290 - in reply to #624226)
Subject: Re: Closed Cell Spray Foam Insulation

Northeast Nebraska and Candelaria Philippines
Wow... I'm a spray foamer... www.questinsulation.com An "effective" R-value huh? Where did that test come from, lol. It's quite illegal to advertise a product like that. Having said that..... R value doesn't mean diddly if air leaks. So yes, you will have much much better performance on a building insulated with R-9 of foam vs a building with R-9 of fiberglass.

Some other benefits are..
1. Spray foam does not degrade with time. It will have the same performance 20 years from now as it did on day 1. Fiberglass and Cellulose will degrade, shrink, settle, and not insulate nearly as well 20 years from now.
2. Spray foam can get wet without compromising performance. This is not true with the other types
3. If you are spraying on metal, The fasteners will leak with time. Spray foam will keep your roof sealed up.

YOU MUST PAINT IT. Spray foam is a plastic. UV rays is spray foams only enemy. Regular paint will not work, you need to use an elastermeric acrylic. It takes a very spendy sprayer to apply this as it is 67% solids and very thick. If you do not paint it, it will turn sickly yellow after a year. It will begin to get brittle. I would seriously question the professionalism of a spray foam contractor that doesn't coat the foam, they should know better. Also, the white coating will make your building much much brighter. It is worth the investment.

You are in my service area. If you would like a complete bid with coating, please give me a call 402-360-2626 Kevin Gubbels
Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)