AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

amsunshine is HOT (about Sears Outlet)
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> AgTalk CafeMessage format

Mike SE IL
Posted 1/12/2010 00:48 (#1018279 - in reply to #1017502)
Subject: RE: amsunshine is HOT (about Sears Outlet)

West Union, Illinois

I agree, but in Sears' defense there is a regulatory issue to consider.  It is entirely possible, especially considering her location, that the simple act of connecting water supply lines requires a plumber.

Now don't throw things at the computer monitor, I'm just suggesting a likely possibility.

I know from my experience with the LP company we could install hot water heating systems all day with no problem.  But if a local plumber caught us installing a water heater he could make life difficult. And we are 200 miles away from Cook County.

You the totally untrained and inexperienced homeowner could install one and nobody would say anything. If anyone asked, the homeowner disconnected and connected the waster lines.  All we did was remove the old and place the new water heater and run the gas line.  It is amazing how little old ladies can do that.

But back on topic, I understand the frustration but between liability issues and regulations it is not a surprising they do not do the actual installation.

Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)