AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

amsunshine is HOT (about Sears Outlet)
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> AgTalk CafeMessage format

Brian Barinsky
Posted 1/11/2010 23:39 (#1018177 - in reply to #1017502)
Subject: RE: amsunshine is HOT (about Sears Outlet)

I once had an expensive to us (wife and I) bedroom set delivered. Solid oak, too heavy for me to move. I can barely move the night stands without a cart. Anyway, delivery was included in price. After unloading a king mattress, box spring, dresser, upright dresser, headboard, footboard, step stool, and 2 night stands, one of the drivers said, "we don't have the frame rails or dresser mirror." I asked them who checked the delivery ticket, they replied "we did". I told them to load it all up and re-deliver it when they have ALL of the items that we paid for or just cancel the order, their choice of course. I'd just call the credit card company and stop the transaction. That really got everyone's attention. $hit hit the fan and I ended up with what I wanted within the hour.

Moral of the story, do not sign by the X until you have checked everything out (scratches and functionability) and are completely satisfied and ...................................sometimes you've got to be a prick.

I did buy bedroom sets for our 2 boys from the same store about 2 years later, come to find out they use my story as a model for checking to make sure every item is accounted for before scheduling a delivery. I guess lifting a 400# dresser 4 times was an "attention getter".
Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)