AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

Third night of Ukrainian drone strikes.. reports that 3 Russian refineries are offline.
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> Market TalkMessage format

havin’funfarming
Posted 3/17/2024 12:45 (#10668568 - in reply to #10668110)
Subject: RE: Third night of Ukrainian drone strikes.. reports that 3 Russian refineries are offline.

I kind of did. You are assuming there wasn’t a plot, unknown to both him and the protestors, to create the optics of an “insurrection”. I am quite sure that he had knowledge of things that neither you nor I do and what looks like an obvious error on his part might have been twisted into something even worse to make him look bad. At that time the media had already spent over 4 years taking anything he said and did out of context and spin it to make him look as bad as possible. Who knows what they would have done had he done something different. Am example of that is concentrating on those three words like you are and ignoring the context those words were spoke in and ignoring that he told them to “go peacefully”.

Imagine if he had actually gone there himself to try to calm the crowd. Theres absolutely no doubt his presence on site would have really reinforced the narrative that he planned an insurrection. Imagine he had called in the national guard himself against Pelosi’s wishes and they that had been even more brutal and instigated even more violence towards the protestors than already happened. Almost certainly any violence towards the protestors would have fallen directly on his shoulders.

It is quite possible that not doing anything actually prevented worse violence from happening because by him staying out of it any violence by security forces against protestors could not be pinned on him. I have no doubt that if he had called in the the national guard to squelch the protest against Pelosi’s wishes you would now be arguing that the violence was his fault as he should have listened to Pelosi as the protest would have remained peaceful if that was the way the media had spun it.

One thing that certainly is obvious is that the years of negative spin by the media has made so much hatred towards him that a segment of the population are willing to completely forgo any critical thinking if it would mean he isn’t guilty of something.

Edited by havin’funfarming 3/17/2024 13:10
Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)