AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

Digester that was rejected in wisconsin
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> Stock TalkMessage format

Baby Robin
Posted 3/2/2024 22:49 (#10648990 - in reply to #10648696)
Subject: RE: Digester that was rejected in wisconsin

Fontanelle, IA
t rock - 3/2/2024 17:42

Do the math, we are only talking 23, 30 ton trucks a week... that is nothing in farm country!!!!!!! I have 40 a day when grain is being hauled, silage/ potato waste and all kinds of commodities roll past my place every day on the way to the neighbors feedlot... some of them mine, some of you guys need a reality check especially with your selective outrage against the company absorbed by the Great Satan BLACKROCK... I agree that they are everything that's wrong with big Biz and multinational companies but expecting someone to pull the plug at the last minute on a project this big with dairy survival money at stake is ridiculous. Hey, I am all for voting with my checkbook, but you can go too far with the effects of this. Calling to their attention the connection with Blackrock is fair but I won't judge someone for not backing out at this point and maybe you're not thinking of the legal ramifications of trying to back out after letting the company get this invested in the planning and permitting of a project of this scope. The back seat morality driving here is almost juvenile, and disingenuous at best. I would say this Dairy must be good people for this guy to defend them on here... and to belittle him for responding all day to this is really a punk move. My OP

T Rock - I have no doubt that the Brooks Dairy Farm - Ron and Zoey Brooks are great stewards and upstanding people. Zoey was awarded one of Top Producer Magazines "Young High Achievers" awards a few years back. The farm was a Leopold Award winner.
https://www.wisfarmer.com/story/news/2016/11/21/dairy-grain-farm-wau...

Against those operations' and individual's awards, I don't think it's juvenile or disengenous to allow local folks / neighbors to question a project that is NOT owned & managed by their neighbor that harbors it.

https://wisconsinexaminer.com/2024/03/01/waupaca-co-town-debates-mea...

But, this isn't Brooks Dairy Farms digestor. It is Vanguard's plant and operated by Vanguard/Blackrock personnel on Brooks' property. And, while Brooks dairy has been in operation for 160 years, the town / burg of Lind has probably been in existence for about as long. And, Vanguard needs the town to change its zoning to industrial from Agricultural to support the project. It just appears that Vanguard needs the bigger dominoe to fall : zoning board change. Once the zoning board changes to industrial, there would be no need for Brooks to negotiate any pipeline easements for what-ever-it's-called to be pumped to the irrigation systems in Brooks fields to the south as the county road commission will have to allow the right-of-way. Otherwise, it seems more than a little "silly" to pump irrigation water through a 12 inch pipe that is further reinforced/reincased within a 16 inch pipe...... it would only take 1 landlowner along the route to block the whole project if it were simply a matter of perpetual easements.

Original dated release of the project from 2021
https://waupacanow.com/2021/12/21/brooks-farm-considers-digester/
Pipeline
Brooks asked the highway committee if Vanguard could install a pipeline for irrigation water in the road right-of-way of County Trunk A.

The pipeline would run south from Brooks Farm along County A, to fields west of Lind Center. It would go under Lind Center Road and under Walla Walla Creek.
Brooks said it would be a 12-inch pipeline inside a 16-inch sleeve, to help protect against leaks.

County Highway Commissioner Casey Beyersdorf said the county plans a major improvement project on County A.

Although plans are to start at the south end of the road, work could begin in the north so that the pipeline can be installed at the same time.

Brooks said that he has been negotiating for easements through farm fields south of his property if the county does not grant him access to the road right-of-way.
Representatives from the town of Lind said local residents oppose the pipeline and noted that there is a nearby artesan well at the town hall. The spring water is used by the public.

Edited by Baby Robin 3/2/2024 22:52
Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)