AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

So Met With The Banker Again
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> Market TalkMessage format

white shadow
Posted 2/21/2024 22:58 (#10634345 - in reply to #10634323)
Subject: RE: So Met With The Banker Again

East Central South Dakota
I am very empathetic to your thoughts. This used to be a touch point subject for me, and I once did a lot of research on it. Every town has a critical mass of people it needs to operate as a viable entity. Innovation and invention have created the need for less farmers. Less farmers means less businesses. which mean less schools and the big one is health care. Once a community loses its health care facilities the schools are soon to follow and then you have a municipality that has fallen below its critical mass of population needed to be viable and it's over. Once you fall below that critical mass a rebound is almost impossible. Since I have last dug into the issue, now we have internet sales (amazon). My wife and I had to close our country church, that my great grandfather was a charter member in. I wouldn't' wish that on anyone, it was a dark time. I have come to accept the change really out of the realization we cannot change the economic trends of forces much larger than ourselves. Doesn't mean we can't cherish the memories of yesterday, but yesterday is gone and tomorrow brings new opportunities.
Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)