AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

Is RTK really necessary?
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> Precision TalkMessage format

hwdcne
Posted 12/18/2006 20:43 (#75530 - in reply to #75495)
Subject: Outback Baseline

Soutwest Ks.
Dirtman: To my understanding Outback is not marketing their Baseline unit as true RTK as it is only communicating one way instead of both ways as typical RTK system would. Maybe because of that issue they decided to call it High Definition versus RTK. You are correct in assuming that it will not be as accurate as typical RTK however it is more accurate than Wass only and is probably very comparable to JD SF2 in the pass to pass accuracy meaurement, however I believe that taken all things into consideration it will be more consistently accurate than SF2 as there is no to very little drift as you move across a field. SF2 will drift and if for instance it drifts 1" every pass by the time you have worked 160 acres you will be far removed from your hypothetical AB line. From my measurements with Outback Baseline with the new system there is virtually no drift, however pass to pass accuracy is not always dead on and like someone already posted this may have as much to do with implement side shift as anything else. I am not a dealer, just a farmer but have experience with the new Outback and have a neighbor running SF2 and I compared measurements.
Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)