AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

Sinus Problems
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> Kitchen TableMessage format

soya257
Posted 4/28/2023 03:29 (#10206412 - in reply to #10205452)
Subject: RE: Sinus Problems =Cochlear Implant Problem

I just received news yesterday , about my Cochlear Implant is failing.
I've been saying that it was doing that for a couple of years now and the test they do it with , said that it was alright. So the last week I meet with a Implant lady with another small machine, that hooks up to my Implant and takes some readings then send them back to the company. This time it said its failing and now I have to decide to have it replaced shortly , or leave it till its done.
I need this to understand people talking and all the other noises, that my HA won't do. My heading aid lets me hear the high notes , where the Cochlear is failing in. But it doesn't help me in understanding what people are saying, to the full extent.
Its been really going downhill fast in the last year and a half and it put a lot of stress on me , for trying to understand what is being said .

So maybe with that , it might be why my problem with my head aching all the time and leading to more problems with my sinuses and ears.
I still hope to get into another ENT dr. , to get a second opinion on getting my sinuses fixed up. I could try to get the place that does Cochlear Implants to scan my sinuses , also .

The one thing that the Cochlear Implant did for me is so great, as I got to continue farming and enjoyed hearing and understanding most of what people are saying to me and most of everything else.
The only thing about a Cochlear Implant is that its a medical device and the one you chose , is the one you're stuck with . The part under your skin on your head , only will accept the processor (hearing device) that they have. So you cannot try another processor (as it like a hearing aid) , like you can with a HA and buy whatever brand you like.

I want to Thank all the great replies and info. ,so now I know a lot about the sinuses and will know what to ask and know what they're telling me.

Edited by soya257 4/29/2023 02:14
Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)