AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

Brand Loyalty
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> Machinery TalkMessage format

69Cat
Posted 8/6/2022 10:01 (#9783055 - in reply to #9782998)
Subject: RE: Brand Loyalty

I don't have brand loyalty but do go with what I see as perceived value. My main equipment is 2000 to 2010 vintage and get 150 to 200 hrs a year. I can't afford new. But when someone on a forum is saying the like such and such brand because the cab is much nicer as a selling point to them then we are miles apart on how each of us look at equipment. And in 10 years or so there hasn't been a service tech on this farm to do anything so service doesn't factor in to anything for me. Yes, I have once sent a piece of equipment in to dealer for repair and the combine is at a dealer right now for its once in 6 year check over but I don't care one bit which color dealer would be doing this - if they have two months to service a combine I expect any color dealer to get it done on time and properly. If the dealer can't do it then yes, I would have issues but maybe I may just send it to a different location next time but same dealer umbrella since it is the people dropping the ball at one location and not so much the chunks of metal being used.

But I would say a mid 2000 JD mfwd is better than the IH I have owned, and I would say the mid 2000 Steiger is arguably tough to beat vs any other 4wd of the era. As for combines, yes there are a lot of options and I might go with something different next time but in that regard there is familiarity. Tractors all accomplish the same basic goals with the same basic components but how a combine processes grain is very different from one color to the next. So I wouldn't call that brand loyalty but more so familiarity.

I would say some people have different ways of justifying their decisions. Right or wrong is for that guy to be honest about 10 years later. Because up front we all say we made the right choice, only time will tell later. But if you are using the cab as reason to buy something then I don't think we will ever agree. Because after the mid 90s it hasn't been a consideration of mine, I am pretty happy with working AC.
Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)