AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

Brand Loyalty
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> Machinery TalkMessage format

robyroad
Posted 8/6/2022 22:22 (#9784043 - in reply to #9783982)
Subject: RE: Brand Loyalty

Sounds like you live right next to the town that has the full rainbow of dealers. For us, that town is about an hour away. 25 minutes away, however, North, East, or South, I can hit a Deere dealer, with a Case IH dealer two of those directions. If I make the hour drive to the town that has the full rainbow, I pass multiple Deere and Case IH dealers on the way.
I have some old Masseys because they aren't worth enough to trade and they're in good shape, but I hate making the drive to the dealer, and generally they have to order everything anyway.
I will agree with the sentiment that regardless of brand, if you've got a good dealer close by that takes care of you, and has parts in stock, then their color is probably the one to buy. It's just that in far more parts of the country, there is a JD or Case IH dealer, and thus better numerical odds that you can find a good dealer for one of those brands. When we had a Massey dealer close by, they were great, and we had no issues. That dealer, like many Agco dealers all over the country, closed down.
I wish we had better competition around here for brands, but we don't.
And I still don't trust Agco for older equipment. What's their flagship brand today? Massey? Challenger? Fendt? Claas? Who knows. And the answer will be different in a couple years. They were all about the Masseys when they bought them and killed the orange tractors, then it was all about Challenger when they bought them and started selling wheeled versions. Now Fendt, which they've owned for decades, is getting the big push. What brand gets discontinued next? No thanks.
And yet it seems like every dealer, regardless of their new brands, has a perfectly functional 4430, 4440, 4630, 4640, 4840 (or multiple of each), etc. sitting on their lot (probably with 10,000+ hours), along with a 1486 or 1566, and one of the last Case series. Where's all the old Agco brand tractors?
Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)