AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

Brand Loyalty
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> Machinery TalkMessage format

Big Ben
Posted 8/6/2022 23:52 (#9784125 - in reply to #9784111)
Subject: RE: Brand Loyalty

Columbia Basin, Ephrata, WA
robyroad - 8/6/2022 21:35

Sorry, feel free to ignore the Claas reference from my previous post.

I was at 5 dealerships today looking at wagons and planters. Every single dealer, regardless of their new brand, had multiple 30 and 40 series Deeres (and several had 55's and 60's as well). Every single one. I can't think of the last time that I went to a dealership of any brand that didn't. I'm in Illinois, not Canada, so maybe it's different here. We have old Deeres everywhere, but we don't have all-dressed chips at the store, nor a single Tim Hortons. There may be a lot more Fendt tractors in your area.

I agree with the Agco branding issues, which is part of my fears about investing in their equipment. And yes, when I mentioned orange tractors, I was talking about the very ones you mentioned, which were indeed orange and sold as Agco Allis. Until they weren't, as Agco chased the next brand to push and discontinued another.

I hope you have good luck with your Fendt. When I start seeing 20+ year old models regularly out working in the field, and dealers stocking parts for those same models, I might consider one. As I mentioned, I'm not a new buyer. If I'm going to run older tractors, I want to have good parts and service availability nearby.

Your dealers have soundguards on the lot for sale? Those tractors may be seen at dealers here for some service work, but it’s probably been 20 years since they were on the sales lot in any significant numbers.

Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)