AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

Brand Loyalty
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> Machinery TalkMessage format

easymoney
Posted 8/6/2022 09:39 (#9783028 - in reply to #9782998)
Subject: RE: Brand Loyalty

ecmn
it was fun to run the Fendt and Lexion combine next to red or green. The S series 600-700 deere has to be the easiest combine on the market to demo against, easy to get a better tank sample, less loss out the back, more capacity, less fuel... easy to show on paper after X number of acres the other machines are saving the guy money or making money, depends on how you spin it. but when a deere pops a final drive and the dealer has one on hand the farmer says look how good they are at parts and service. i look at it if you are breaking a final drive enough for the dealer to have them on hand i would for sure be looking at a different brand. when the aftermarket can make a living selling patch material for your brand i would look for a different brand.

same thing when demoing Fendt 1000 series on red and green farms. that was an absolute joy! on paper or talking about features they dont sound much different. operate them for a day or so and then you see the little things. I had a manure guy looking to demo a Fendt, he had a new holland, i said we have the CVT, "me to", i said we have trailer brakes, "me to" i said we have headland management "me to", no matter what i pointed out as a feature he said he already had it with New Holland. i was nervous about the demo. we hook up to his spreader and he askes if i can hook up the scale. went to my truck got a couple harnesses to tap into gps and power. 15 mintues it was installed, he was impressed, i setup the management. we get to the field and hit the "GO" button and it starts the spreader, catches line, revs up engine, sets ground speed and away we go. spreader is empty we hit "END" spreader shuts down, engine slows down, ground speed goes up to get to headland. our trailer brake was hit a button to activate.

after the demo he admitted his new holland had headland but he couldnt get it to work like this one, same with trailer brakes and the transmission was not even close to simple like this one. Not one farm did we leave weather they bought or not, not one farm didnt say that was the nicest tractor they operated.

brand loyalty is weird. you can do a demo, beat them on every aspect but they still stick with what they know, change is hard.

Edited by easymoney 8/6/2022 09:48
Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)