AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

Brand Loyalty
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> Machinery TalkMessage format

GM Guy
Posted 8/7/2022 14:28 (#9785056 - in reply to #9782998)
Subject: RE: Brand Loyalty

NW KS/ SC ID
I think this year is finally opening some eyes, and I think fuel consumption is a factor.

Local NW KS story, a guy traded a RG1300 for a Deere, and the Deere used a substantial amount of fuel compared to the rogator. Supposedly 3x, but I find that hard to believe.

On a Gleaner Facebook group, a lady and her husband traded a 8240 or 8250 for a S97, and claimed to be very happy. I asked in the comments section about fuel economy, and I believe they said the IH was 18-20 gph and the Gleaner was 12-14.

A few years back I bought a 925r and 925f from a guy east of Salina ks, and he said he used to own a 9770 and went to a S77, identical capacity, but a better job and nearly half the fuel burn.

John Deere combines seem to be suffering with shoe issues, compare their system to that of a Gleaner, and you will see why the Gleaner holds up better. Less parts to break, much simpler setup. No cast aluminum Chinese parts.

Compare a fendt cvt to a Deere ivt and tell me which one will last longer.

Dealer support is a factor, but IMO it's importance should never be above the merits of the machine itself.

Buy the best machine, then work out the support. But I hold that view because I only own stuff off warranty. Way off warranty. Lol
Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)