AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

Frustrated with Inlaws. Need advice
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> AgTalk CafeMessage format

TheYoungGun
Posted 6/21/2022 08:31 (#9714629)
Subject: Frustrated with Inlaws. Need advice

Hello all,

The events of this post happened almost a month ago as I took some time to cool off before posting so I wouldn't say anything I might regret.

My wife's dearest ambition and lifelong dream has been to own and operate her own farm store. She raises chickens, turkeys, dairy goats, tends a huge garden/greenhouse and helps me with my beef cattle and crops when she can. Theres been many a night that I pull onto the yard at midnight or 1 am and she'll call me from the garden to come help her. She lives for this in every way imaginable. She has extraordinary work ethic, positivity, and unparalleled energy.

In early 2019, she had the opportunity to purchase some ideally located land and immediately did so. She started construction of her store a few months later but was forced to delay the grand opening due to covid and the restrictions in our area until the spring of 2022.

My wife invited everyone we know, put fliers up around town, updated the facebook page she uses for her business and eagerly awaited the opening day. She had a huge turnout and I couldn't have been more happy for her. Towards the end of the day my wife's parents had still not made an appearance even though they had made numerous promises to be there. Just before closing my wife's aunt and her mothers best friend walked in the door and quietly told my wife that her parents had decided an impromptu trip to Las Vegas with some other friends was more important than being there to support their daughter while she achieved a life long goal.

My wife has been completely crushed by this and is not the same person that I knew just a short while ago. I have since spoken with my MIL and her opinion on the situation is that " It's not our problem she'll just have to get over it." They do not know how much they have hurt their daughter and nor do I think they care. I have no idea how to help my wife heal or move forward from this.
Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)