AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

Frustrated with Inlaws. Need advice
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> AgTalk CafeMessage format

VMUSA1
Posted 6/21/2022 13:54 (#9715035 - in reply to #9714913)
Subject: RE: Frustrated with Inlaws. Need advice

Illinois Heartland
scott312 - 6/21/2022 12:23

Interesting reading the replies. My first thought is this is a lot of drama about nothing.

Exactly what I was thinking. Life is too short to worry over this. Ought to be happy the parents are alive & well. My in-laws passed a few years ago and you don’t know how much you miss them until they are gone.

Sucks they missed the opening, but good for them taking a trip to Vegas while they can enjoy it. I’m sure they worked hard in life to get to that point and they deserve to have their freedom while they still can.

I would invite them out with you and your wife for dinner, ask them about their trip, then tell them how proud you are of their daughter and share how well the opening went. Afterwards, arrange a surprise visit with them to drop by when your wife is working so they can see their daughter in action.

I’ve always tried to be the “fixer” in our family to keep peace. What is the saying…be part of the solution, not the problem or something to that effect? I’ve also learned to never say anything negative about your in-laws even though your wife may be upset and try to get you to agree with her at the time. It WILL bite you later and you will regret it.
Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)