AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

Frustrated with Inlaws. Need advice
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> AgTalk CafeMessage format

DougK
Posted 6/21/2022 09:36 (#9714722 - in reply to #9714685)
Subject: RE: Frustrated with Inlaws. Need advice

SC MN
hinfarm - 6/21/2022 09:07

I think I can understand where you wife is coming from.

I have felt the same way as she does by my parents, especially my father. You have to move past it, but it is still in the background annoying you.

My son, his only grandson had a birthday party this last Sunday on Father's Day. He's 10. Out of the 10 parties I think he has been able to make one of them. We do live 150 miles away which I understand is part of it (partly because I didn't feel like I had any support at home, so I moved 17 years ago). There is always something more important even though they are retired. Help at the dairy breakfast, hunting trip, stepmom playing the organ at church, ect.. It's made me hate holidays and birthdays because it just reminds me of the times, I was disappointed in the past. At this point its going to be what it is going to be and I can't fix it as irritating as it is.

Two things:

1. Living 150 miles apart (5 hour drive) doesn't lead to strong relationships, whether between grandparents and grandchildren, or even married couples.

2. Why is it that younger people think that retired people have nothing else to do? My wife and I are semi-retired now and are keeping just as busy as before.
Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)