AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

The dreaded triple Nickel.......... 555 Cummins.......Experience from owners please.
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> Machinery TalkMessage format

ccfarmer
Posted 4/27/2009 23:10 (#695310 - in reply to #694773)
Subject: RE: The dreaded triple Nickel.......... 555 Cummins.......Experience from owners please.

Creighton, NE
Rich,

I worked at an independent repair shop in Lincoln,Ne back in the late 80's through the mid 90's and we worked on quite a few of those floaters with the triple nickels. Those motors were used in boats but more notably used to keep the boat from moving. lol I would not count on that being a very dependable engine with those kind of hours on it.

We did repower a scad of these with (if memory serves me right) a 6BTA inline Cummins which made a pretty good unit out of the machine. One of the other guys at the shop did most of these repowers but it wasn't that bad of a job after we did a couple and figured out what all needed to be done. I haven't worked there since 96 but if you're interested in more details I could probably get you in contact with somebody that could give you a lot more specifics on the repower details.
Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)