AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

The dreaded triple Nickel.......... 555 Cummins.......Experience from owners please.
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> Machinery TalkMessage format

Silver Shoes
Posted 4/27/2009 18:16 (#694833 - in reply to #694773)
Subject: RE: The dreaded triple Nickel.......... 555 Cummins.......Experience from owners please.

Seneca Kansas 66538
Rich, you must have tripped thought you always bought the best that could be bought. Why would you even think about a V-8 diesel since you know they are definately not the best. Anyways back to the subject. We had one in a FW20 Ford FWD (Stieger) and it ran like a top all the time, wasnt a powerful monster but it never exploded or used oil for us. If this is your tractor do the overhead and do it right and it should run well. We have a couple in Big A's and have never had an issue with them. Brother set the overhead on one of them and it runs really well and starts excellent with only minimal smoke on start up. I too have read articles and actually have seen photos of them installed on large boats and from my understanding they ran very well in marine use. If your not locked into a purchase and a little skeptical then I would avoid the whole situation so you dont by chance become part of the majority that dislikes them like a broken arm. (.) (.)

Edited by Silver Shoes 4/27/2009 18:16
Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)