AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

The dreaded triple Nickel.......... 555 Cummins.......Experience from owners please.
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> Machinery TalkMessage format

Rich
Posted 4/27/2009 16:39 (#694773)
Subject: The dreaded triple Nickel.......... 555 Cummins.......Experience from owners please.

Kansas
Oh I am so down now. What I was looking at and was told had the 903 that I picked everyones brains about last week turns out to have a triple nickel in it. Well I ran it today. After warmed up it sounded good. Smokes when you cob it and not black either but perhaps it wasn't completely warm. Didn't pay much attention to the heat gauge. Figured it probably didn't work anyways.

So what is the consensus other than the rumors I've heard in the past of run like heck from these power plants?

Biggest downfall I have ever heard is it is very very expensive to overhaul one. I don't know if it's the kits alone or all the machine work required.

Even with good care what sort of hours could you get out of one. This one has around 6400 hours and never been overhauled. I know for a fact for the last several years it hasn't had an overhead done either.

Am I looking at a time bomb that the end is near?

Thanks
Rich
Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)