AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

Partnerships and families and getting along and etc
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> AgTalk CafeMessage format

mennoboy
Posted 4/9/2009 22:41 (#675267 - in reply to #674990)
Subject: RE: Partnerships and families and getting along and etc

Rivers, MB
I think emotion is a big part of it.

Many farmers live and breathe farming (even if they don't sit in a tractor much!!). People in general will fight more and dig in their heels more on issues that they are most passionate about. hence churches seem to have more contentious issues than many community organizations. Same idea in farming partnerships that involve family. and that's why its different than many of the "professionals" (I think that farmers are professionals as well, but that's another discussion). many doctors and lawyers don't live and breathe farmers and their identities as a person are not tied to their occupation.

however, they can work. I agree with you plowboy. It does take extra time and effort. But the benefits can be huge. I farm in a partnership with brother and dad. Is it frustrating. Yes, it can be. But, one of can leave in the middle of something (like my son's surgeries) and know that the work can carry on. We also are good at different things so we work in the areas that we are the strongest. Being in a farming partnership is much like being married. Lots of give and take.
Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)