AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

Baler Fires Hank, in OR
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> Machinery TalkMessage format

Deere101
Posted 10/7/2008 08:52 (#476676 - in reply to #476131)
Subject: Re: Baler Fires Hank, in OR

Merrill, WI
Hey Josh thanks alot for the info. I may try that. I think thats what I gotta do, because honestly the baler makes a very nice bale but I think that I could tighten that stuffer a little more that would help. Also I will get pictures for you on what my inside of the bale chamber looks like. I actually drilled holes and bolted them in, because they do wear out eventually, and will need to be replaced. It took a little time but got it done. I will send them shortly.

No you are reading ur monitor right. I am usually at 1 to 2 on the stuffer strokes. First crop I was always at one. The baler has great capacity. I run it on an Jd 8210 and am usually running any where from 6.5 to 8.9 miles an hour. The only thing I can say I miss from my Jd100 is the auto unplug system. That works so awesome. Never once did I have to back the fly wheel to unplug it. But other than that this baler will do circles and make a better bale.

We also have to loaders. We made the mistake and bought a phiber 3 bale grab. It works great but for the cost we built our second one just like the phiber except we put spears on the bottom of this one for the guy in the field and it was less than half the cost of the phiber and wish I would have built two of ours compared to the phiber. (Thought my dad was crazy but made a very nice set). We run a phiber accumulator and we run 3 semis and bring everything home. Most days i was baling right around 500 bales of first crop and they would be off the field and stack at home in about 4 hours. We run around anywhere from 5-10 miles from home, but I had some kids start a stack on fire once so everything comes home now. Every night we are usually done right around 8 pm then tarp usually in the morning. Gotta love that wisconsin weather and dew....lol....

Well I will get those pict for you. thanks for the advice on the stuffer arm.
Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)