AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

Baler Fires Hank, in OR
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> Machinery TalkMessage format

JoshA
Posted 10/6/2008 16:21 (#476131 - in reply to #476069)
Subject: Re: Baler Fires Hank, in OR

Alberta, Canada
We stack ours 6 high on their string as well. We could do 7, but it isn't worth the time (we handle them off the trucks 3 at a time, and feed them out 2 at a time; works perfect). I do that with both my hay and my straw. Silage is 3 high in the bag. I suppose I have noticed a couple of them from my 4790 sag, so far nothing from the 7434.

One thing I would suggest trying, is tightening up your stuffer trip arm. I tightened mine about 2-2.5" from factory, and in my mind my bales are a lot squarer.

One thing I've noticed about my left-over straw from last year, and even some of my first cut from this year, is that over time, no matter where in the stack, they tend to round on the ends. So far the bales from the 7434 after tightening the stuffer seem to be holding shape well, though obviously they haven't been sitting very long (just got the baler in September).

To be honest, as bad as this sounds, I don't really know what my stroke count is in hay as I haven't really baled much with it yet. I really only used it in straw, cereal silage, and about 60 bales of second cut. Is there a way to tell?

Since I tightened up the stuffer, I usually only averaged about 32 flakes per 8ft bale, and was running at one stroke per flake in straw, and it made fantastic bales, er, so I was constantly told. Stuffer never slept!

For the dry hay, I like to see a mix of 1s and 2s on my stroke/flake. So long as I see more than seven 2s, I know I'm running around 40 strokes/bale.

At least, I think? Is my logic flawed? Do I not know how to read my monitor?

Don't know why you'd be ridiculed for it, I love the solid bales. I get teased about it from my neighbors because I've mentioned the bale skiis for tighter, heavier bales. Like they said, as it is my moisture tester's got a bit of a bend in it!

Could you take some pictures of the inside of your chamber with the resistors installed? If I understand right, they're just metal plates you welded in to add friction?
Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)