AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

Baler Fires Hank, in OR
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> Machinery TalkMessage format

Deere101
Posted 10/6/2008 14:15 (#476069 - in reply to #476013)
Subject: Re: Baler Fires Hank, in OR

Merrill, WI
Hey Josh, what I did is bought individual square hay resisters from john deere that you could put in a JD100 big square baler. In my old 100 I had 18 of them in. In the hesston I put 12 in. It seem to help alot in the timothy/alf crop. I usually would keep my strokes right around 40 and I would bale at 270 at times too. We do stack our bales six high strings down and it seems that sometimes the bottom bale would sag a little on the ends. Thats where I dont understand why its doing that. Should I be stacking the bales on edge or at least the bottom bale. I guess I did not really have that issue with my 100 in first crop bales but for second and third crop i would because without the prechamber it would be hard in light crop. I wasnt sure if I needed to do something different with the packer or something different with the prechamber.

Josh I know I usually get ridiculed for having really stought bales. I guess I want them tight and not to flex or move. So how many strokes are you getting on a bale if you are right around 50 bales an hour.
Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)